A History of Hope
The church on the corner of 5th and Warren is one of the oldest churches in Bremerton. It was built in 1910 as the First Baptist Church, then sold in 1962 to the Bremerton Revival Center, which later became Discovery Fellowship. Throughout the years, the church has been known for its diversity, its compassion for the homeless, and its ministry to children. Discovery Fellowship outgrew the building in 2006 and purchased the Old Manette School. During this time they leased the building out to various other churches and ministries, such as the Kitsap Rescue Mission who used the downstairs kitchen as a food distribution site.
Our Vision for the Future
The building as it stands is dingy, cramped, and scary. It needs a major remodel in order to become a beacon of hope in downtown Bremerton once again. Our plan is to demolish a couple small buildings on the property in order to create a spacious courtyard and inviting entrances that are ADA compliant, and then to renovate the main floor of the church so we can attract young families to our gatherings. Our hope is to make Bremerton better, not only by presenting the life-giving love of Jesus, but also by offering a beautiful, safe space in the heart of the city for lunch meetings, community events, and urban weddings.
Help Us Make History Once Again
From the sale of the Old Manette School, our church almost has enough money to complete the first phase of the remodel so we can move back into the building. However, we need help to finish the courtyard, to convert the lower floor into a fun kids space, and to update the old church parsonage into a church office. Discovery Fellowship is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation and all gifts are tax-deductible.